Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Rolling Down The River

One thing that took some time getting use to was trusting the raft. I'm not afraid of water, but my goal was to stay in the boat for the entire journey. I anticipated getting wet, which was welcomed since the temperature was in the low 80's. So our guide instructed us to secure ourselves by using our feet as we aproached the rapids.

Find Your Footing – every person in that raft was sitting on the outer perimeter, not in the middle. This allowed you to stretch way over the water and dig deep into the water to get the power you needed to pull through the waves. It was sort of scary at first, but the key to being aggressive on the intense rapids was to wedge your feet in the corner seams of the raft.

In life, finding your footing is to be anchored in the truth, God’s Word. The waves of life want to bring fear, anxiety and ultimately destruction, but we must be firmly established in God’s truth and stretch....reach out and dig through those waves!

Psalm 94:18-19 If I say, "My foot slips," Your mercy, O Lord, will hold me up. In the multitude of my anxieties withing me, Your comforts delight my soul.

* When the waves of financial despair rise up, my footing is firmly established in the truth the God has declared Himself as my provider.

* When the doctors diagnose me with sickness, my feet are wedged in the finished work of Christ that has already healed my disease.

* When temptation seems to be all around me, I call upon Jesus and His Spirit anchors me in the truth of God's Word and will for my life.

* In the midst of uncertainty and fear, His Word becomes a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

Renewing my mind isn't just memorizing what the Bible says. My mind is renewed as I secure my footing on His promises in the midst of the crashing waves, but boldly stretching myself over the situation knowing that I'm firmly established in Him.

Prayer: Father thank you for Your Spirit that enables me to be firmly established in truth. You did not give me a spirit of fear, but of love, power and a sound mind. I will engage my faith in the midst of the waves that crash against me, knowing that Your mercy has anchored me. Your truth gives me leverage and sets my heart free!

No comments:

Post a Comment