Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Entertaining Angels

This past Sunday, my wife and I had one of the most amazing encounters we have ever experienced. It can only be explained as a divine appointment that God had waiting for us when we least expected it, and when we needed it the most!

At this time I don't feel at liberty to share details of what our incredible experience was, but it had such an impact that I know it was a wonderful gift from God. I keep replaying it over and over, and the verse that keeps popping in my head is Hebrews 13:2 "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels."

Matthew 4:11 and Mark 1:13 tells of when Jesus was in the wilderness, after being tempted, He was ministered to by angels. It doesn't give any specific details other than that statement, but if Jesus needed to be ministered to by angels, then I'm open to the fact that I could use some ministry at times too! Throughout the Bible, angels are referenced 294 times, and one of those is Psalm 91:11 "For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways."

Why would God use an angel and not a person? (love to hear your thoughts...) Maybe there aren't people who are being sensitive or obedient to respond to a prompting of the Lord to minister to those in need. Or perhaps the fact that one needing ministry isn't able to receive ministry that comes from those around them.

The heart of God and the ministry that comes from Him is always to build up and encourage; "...to keep you in all your ways." This may mean, giving some encouragement to stay on a certain course, or to make a course correction to keep us from heartache. It could be to bring peace of mind and strength when your unable to stir up your faith because the constant battle has made you weary. Regardless of what the situation may be, it's clear that God wants you to know that He is attentive to our needs and is faithful to His children and the journey of destiny that we are pursuing by faith. (what do you think about angels?)

I didn't see any unusual glow of light, the clouds didn't part with singing of an angelic choir, nor answers to all my questions I have prayed about. But I did sense an undeniable presence of peace, and a rest that came upon my mind. I feel a new strength and determination to continue pressing on toward the goal that seems bigger than me. Above all, I'm reminded of the great love God has for me, and the grace that He gives freely for my life.

God, thank you for Your attentiveness towards us, for Your close, personal and active role you take in our lives. Open our eyes to see your face, to sense Your presence in the midst of the struggles we face. Help us be discerning and obedient to respond to Your Holy Spirit as you might have us cross paths with others who need ministering of your love and power. In Jesus name we pray... Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment