Thursday, January 21, 2010

interested... but too much to learn

I've never really been a tech person, but today I took some aggressive steps... I have entered the world of twitter and learning to use my flip camera. It's amazing at how easy and fluent many people are with it all, and awkward with others... like me.

This kind of gives me a sense of how some people feel about God, church, prayer, reading the bible or living a life devoted to Christ.
For many, church seems like a foreign world, or they don't think they need God because they've gotten along in life just fine with him. Maybe they view prayer much like a tweet comment... asking "who's going to listen and care?" There was always an interest or desire, but the fear of all the unknowns kept me at a distance.

So what influenced me to converted to this postmodern world of communication? Honestly it really boiled down to someone walking me through it (Jake Lunde). I had the desire, but was intimidated by all the unfamiliar jargon and ideas. I was comfortable to ask questions about all this 'new' stuff without being laughed at... even the ones that may have seemed to be simple to most.

I wonder how many other people would be willing to venture into our churches or start a relationship with Christ if someone would come along side of them and walk through the experience with them... without judgments or being shocked at the questions they may have.

Don't under estimate the power of living each day talking about what God has done, and continues to do in your life. They may not understand why you pray, or why you make the decisions you make, but their watching with great interest. Pretty soon they'll find it more than something weird... they'll be facinated at what's going on in your life. Before you know it, you'll be sharing with the how they can open up a "relationship" with Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment