Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Twenty Ten

2010 brought about an exciting breakthrough for me as a pastor and for our church... after 17 months of construction; on January 3, 2010 we were able hold our first service in our new facility! IT WAS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC.  Our people have worked hard and sacrificed so much to reach this landmark. I was overwhelmed with so many different thoughts and emotions... the greatest moment was during our time of worship sing: "Lord I'm amazed by You". I was speechless and captivated by God's faithfulness.
I would have to say that 2009 was one of the more challenging years I have experienced. It presented many difficulties that gave plenty of opportunity for growth and being stretched in many areas of my life. Although I've felt weary and exhausted at times, God has continued to give me the strength and encouragement each day.

This is one of those times when my shouting is replaced with a whisper thanks. Rather than feeling a sense of great accomplishment, I feel a sense of great humility. When my celebration is done after the crowds are gone. I'm going to cherish this time...

1 comment: