Thursday, July 22, 2010

iMpAct(s) - the choices we make

Acts 1:17-18 NLT  17 "Judas was one of us and shared in the ministry with us." 18 (Judas had bought a field with the money he had received for his treachery. Falling headfirst there, his body split open, spilling out all his intestines...)

The author of Acts, Dr. Luke, was a very thorough writer. However, I believe this vivid description of what happened to Judas is important. Why would God inspire Luke to give these details? Certainly not because He was trying to increase sales of His book.

One of the greatest impacts our life, and the lives of others, is our choices.

There are two choices that we make that drastically impact our life: 1. to become a follower of Christ or not. 2. Who I choose to marry. Both are not to be taken lightly, rather we should count the cost and realize the full impact they will have in our life.

I've done many funerals that have involved people from a wide range of life experiences. There's one thing I know, that the summation of their lives (and ours) is the total impact of all the little choices that they have made over and over again.

Here's a question to ask ourselves: How will my life be impacted by all the little choices I make every single day of my life 20, 30, 50 years down the road?

I remember a statement that was made a few years ago that has stuck with me. I guess you could call it daily proverb... here it is: We will either choose to grow daily, or we die gradually.

Marriage - if I don't choose to grow it daily, it will die gradually. Some have experienced a gut spilling (think of Judas) tragedy in their marriage after few or several years of neglecting it.

Finances - either we make wise choices daily with our finances or we will experience the Judas like symptoms of debt and bankruptcy.

Spiritual Walk - either we choose to pick-up our cross daily, feed our spirit with His Word and in prayer, and follow Him in a life of blessing, peace and the ability to overcome the challenges of life; or we will fall headfirst in the traps of our selfish desires of the flesh.

Whether it's our health, relationships with others or goals in life, our choices impact the destiny of our life.

I believe no life is beyond the saving power of God. It's not too late to choose life over death. We can fulfill our destiny that God has in store for us. It requires us to fully surrender our life to Jesus Christ as Lord and Leader of our life. Live a life of impact by daily choosing life that is found in His Spirit.

Impact Prayer:
Interrupt my life and disturb me God with Your compassion - push me beyond comfortable and complacent - for Your Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment