Sunday, October 17, 2010

BEAUTIFUL!

Tonight was Faith Family Church Night of Worship (NOW)... it was absolutely breath taking! Here's a summary: Jesus was exalted, people experienced the real love of God and discovered their true identity! PRAISE GOD....

Since I'm not limited to 140 characters, I'll elaborate a bit more:
To open the night, an incredible young man named Carl Jones did a monologue of Psalm 139. All I can say is...WOW... incredibly BEAUTIFUL and powerful!

"For you created my inmost being you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:13-16

It was as if the entire night, God was revealing Himself to everyone in such a personal way. It was a prophetic night for many, full of true revelation of His love and "the beautiful purpose" of life. The house was filled with glorious praise that exalted Jesus Christ. I can't even begin to explain it all... It was as if Heaven touched earth.

Amy Murray delivered a powerful Word entitled The Beautiful Purpose. Calling every Christ follower to be who God has created us to be. She said: "God has so uniquely created, formed and fashioned every single one of us... even our fingerprints display the diversity and creativity of God. There has never been anyone like you and will never be like you. But this isn't because we are so amazing... IT'S BECAUSE GOD IS SO AMAZING!"

She then took it to a whole other level when she quoted 1 Corinthians 2:9-10 "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him. But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God." Reminding us that WE CAN KNOW THE BEAUTIFUL PURPOSE AND PLANS FOR OUR LIFE. That God actually wants to reveal to us our purpose for life even more than we long to know it!

Although I believe I am fulfilling God's plan for my life, I was reminded that I can't just sit on the sideline of life hoping to fulfill it, but I must pursue God passionately as well as the plans that He has in store for me. To remove the lid of fear and insecurity... to DREAM BIG, be creative and innovative; because the Spirit of God is at work in me to reveal the full beauty of the life God has given to me!

My heart is filled and my Spirit is soaring... compelled by the awesome love and faith that God has given to me... that Christ died for. I don't want to waste this life that God has so generously blessed me with.

We learned a new song entitled All that I Am (taken from Psalm 139). I'll end with part of lyrics of the song:

I AM ALL THAT I AM... AND I'M NOTHING WITHOUT YOU! THIS LIFE IS UNMISTAKABLE AND HIS LOVE IS UNFORGETTABLE! GOD IT'S YOU I NEED ALONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment