Saturday, September 19, 2009

TGIS - Thank God It's Sunday

This week has been a blur! So many things happened that seemed so diverse. Our youngest daughter started kindergarten, our oldest turned 9 years old (last year in the single digits), girls sleep over, building project details, a funneral, a wedding, date with my wife, two opportunities of sharing Christ with strangers, a hospital visit, going through my mom's stuff at home, watching the memorial service, wrestling with God in prayer for so many different things...

Instead of looking forward to a scheduled vacation, I truly am looking forward to church tomorrow! Although some may consider it a (or the only) 'work day' for pastors, as a person I still consider it my Sabbath. A day I get to come together with others to worship God, not just do or go to church. I get to find rest and be strengthened in my heart, not just do my Christian duty. I get to be encouraged by the Holy Spirit and the Word of God, not just be told what to do if I want to make God happy. I truly love Sundays and can honestly say it's one of the highlights of my week!

I can't imagine what it would be like to not have a church that I loved to be apart of. Even more so, a church that I just worked at and not find desireable. Each week I feel refreshed by God's Spirit, and inspired as people experience the reality of God in ways that impact their everyday lives. Seeing people connect with other people and forming life-long relationship that want God's best for each other.

Angie and I feel blessed to have a church like this we call home. Even more blessed to pastor such an amazing group of people who are discovering Christ, growing in Him and excited to tell others of all that Jesus has and is doing in their life!

See Sunday...

1 comment:

  1. This week has been a blur. I dont think that my week has been as crazy as yours but I am ready for Sunday also.

    ReplyDelete