Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm an Ox

Today was an incredible day! I had the chance to listen to Christine Caine from Hillsong Church in Sydney Australia. Her love for Jesus Christ consumes her and she is passionate about the Kingdom of God and the local church. Some say "the church is the hope of the world", but she embodies this vision and is committed to raising the bar of what it means to be a Christian and serving the Church, for whom Jesus Christ died for.
The presence of God was not just present, but heavy! I found my spirit stirred and weeping in the midst of the revealed truth and wisdom that was being shared. There was so much that my spirit was catching and it will take some time for me to process it. I pray that I can embody that same spirit as well.

Christine Caine briefly mentioned a verse found in Proverbs 14:4 "Where no oxen are, the trough is clean; but much increase comes by the strength of the ox."

In the Scripture, an Ox is used a metaphor for those that labor for the gospel (1 Timothy 5:18). The Church - the Ox - is the hope of the world... and the work is messy. Many times we are so concerned about being neat, non-offensive and worried about making mistakes that we remove the strength of the Church - Ox. This hit me hard! It the midst of being trying to be careful, I have robbed myself of the courage and strength I have been called to be... a mighty Ox.

I'm reminded of what Joshua was instructed by God: "Be strong and courageous... don't look to the left or to the right... only be strong and courageous." God doesn't tell Joshua to be an Ox, but isn't that what the Ox does? The Ox is yoked to a plow that is being led by the master... and forges ahead to break up the ground. The Ox isn't of value if he just wants to stay and camp out. The Ox must use the strength it has and be obedient to the will and guidance of the master.

The Church must move forward with the strength it has in obedience to the will and guidance of the Master - Jesus Christ... because the harvest is at stake. Increase if found as the Church/Ox continues to plow the field, other wise, there can be no harvest.

It may get messy, it will be difficult... but that's what I was called to do. I am an Ox! I will not lose my courage and strength... God's harvest is at stake.

No comments:

Post a Comment