Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day in Heaven?

Today was mother's day, and I really enjoyed the day! We kicked it off with our church family; worship was amazing, honored mothers/women, and built up our faith by looking at Matthew 15. It was a great way to start the day!

Afterwards we went to the in-laws. Did some BBQ and played baseball for a few hours outside with the whole family. Lot's of laughs, not to mention good exercise.

This was the first Mother's Day without my mom since she died back in August. I really miss her... My heart was flooded with memories: her laugh, phrases she would say, her unique way of dressing... the way she would pick up my hand and squeeze it; as if to say so much more than she could ever express.

I know it sounds funny, but I even dressed up, wearing a suit and tie today. She always said (in her broken English): "Son, you are pastor now. No more jean... more classy. Wear suit... you know, more classy."

We picked up some flowers and stopped by the grave-site to drop off some flowers and a letter my daughter Mikayla wrote. Standing there still seemed like it was unreal.

I wonder if God has a dedicated Mother's Day? I wonder what it would be like? Does He give out chocolates? Picnic on the clouds, or Juniper? Maybe He allows them to see the intersections of impact and influence that they made in our lives while they were still here? Or maybe some sneak peaks of the blessings He has in store for the days ahead of us?

I'm sure it's more beautiful than I can imagine. I hope you were honored today mom... not just by me, but by the Creator Himself.

1 comment: