Sunday, February 22, 2009

Capacity - form it and fill it


The night with Bishop TD Jakes was absolutely amazing! From the very beginning the atmosphere was charged, ready, filled with anticipation. There's something about that energy that makes the presence of God tangible...

One of the treasures that impacted me was the thought of CAPACITY. God is only able to pour out to the measure of ones capacity. Like a glass: I can have an unlimited resource available to me (water faucet), but the size of my glass can only capture what it was formed to handle.


Everything that God formed, He filled, but only after He formed it. Creation: He formed the sky then filled it with it's creations, the seas were formed then the creatures to fill it, mankind was formed then He filled it with the Breath of life. CAPACITY - form it then fill it.

I believe that my capacity of life is expanding. My faith, His Grace, my family, my marriage, our church, finances, relationships, my worship, leadership and influence, wisdom, discernment, gifts and abilities...

The Bible gives us this insightful prayer in 3 John 2 - I pray that you would prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers.

This is growth. It requires learning, change and going beyond my realm of comfort. Although it is God's desire for all of us, it requires my cooperation with God.

Lord Jesus, I submit my life to you and ask that your Holy Spirit would enlarge my capacity and fill it!

No comments:

Post a Comment