Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Can't Earn It

Romans 4:4-5 NLT When people work, their wages are not a gift, but something they have earned. But people are counted as righteous, not because of their work, but because of their faith in God who forgives sinners.

There's something rewarding about working hard; a sense of accomplishment, usefulness, contribution and value. There are people who are filled with so much pride or 'self respect', that any sort of assistance or hand up is viewed as an insult to ones ability to provide. No matter how hard I work to do good and not sin, I could never pay the debt that Jesus paid for my life. To reject His gift because I'm determined to 'do it' myself, is prideful and a mockery to His generosity.

I'm finding myself seeing God's GRACE clearer now than ever before, and yet it's still beyond my ability to comprehend. His amazing love and unconditional acceptance is coming more alive and giving me a joy and peace that is hard to describe. It's compelling... like discovering for the first time that someone 'likes' you; and they're someone you considered out of your league. Suddenly your flattered and feel wanted, desirable and worth something. Maybe that's why the Bible calls it "your first love".

God, I'm blown-away by the enormous GRACE you have for me. Although there are times when I feel broken or discouraged, You have already made me whole. I boldly and gladly accept your GRACE... there's nothing more I can say, but thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment