Monday, November 9, 2009

Happy Birthday

My last Blog had a verse that the Apostle Paul wrote to Timothy about following the pattern he lived as he followed the teaching of Jesus Christ. I can't help but thinking about the influence my mom had in my life. This past August my mom died of a heart-attack... today my mom would have celebrated her 69th birthday.


My mom experienced things in her life that I will never fully know or understand, and she allowed my sister and I to stand on her shoulders to experience a life beyond what she could. The sacrifices, pain and strength she showed was amazing and it was because of God had done in her and the love she had for us. I remember my mom praying in Korean with great passion and volume, and although I couldn't understand it, I knew she was praying for me. Prayer knows no limits to time or space, and I believe those prayers are still being answered today. I WILL STAND ON HER SHOULDERS!

Notice what Paul writes to Timothy: (2 Timothy 1:3-7)
Timothy, I thank god for you - the God I serve with a clear conscience, just as my ancestors did. Night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. I long to see you again, for I remember your tears as we parted. And I will be filled with joy when we are together again.

I remember your genuine faith, for you share the faith that first filled your grandmother Lois and your mother, Eunice. And I know that same faith continues strong in you. This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you. For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline.

In light of all that has been done for me; from the work of Jesus Christ down through my mother, I must "fan into flames" the fire of faith that has been invested in my life. Not to live in fear or hesitation, but with boldness, love, compassion and integrity.

My life has been enhanced by my mom (and others), and the gift I can give her is to stand on her shoulders and live to the fullest for the sake of the work that Jesus Christ has done in mom and in me... HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment