Monday, November 23, 2009

Your Gift Will Take You Places

Proverbs 18:16 NKJ "A man's gift makes room for him, and brings him before great men."

Thanksgiving is just a few day away, and 'Black Friday' advertisements are starting to increase. I actually enjoy getting out to the stores the day after Thanksgiving... shopping for the right gift and getting a great deal. This proverb isn't about 'how to brib your way to the top', or how to kiss someone's butt to make a good impression; it's talking about knowing your potential and living up to it.
Our approach to life will determine our future. Am I maximizing the life that I've been given? Am I living to my potential?
  • Life is a gift... am I applying my life to the fullest or wishing I was like someone else?
  • Attitude is a gift... am I allowing it to work for me or against me?
  • Skills and abilities are a gift... am I opperating in my strengths and investing to develope them further?
  • Education is a gift... am I working hard only or am I also working smarter?
  • Adversity is a gift... do I shrink back from challenges and look for the easy way out; or do I step up to the challenge?
  • Relationships are a gift... am I trustworthy, dependable and look for ways to serve others and celebrate their success; or is it all about me and what I can gain?
  • Today is a gift... am I waiting for 'some day' when things are different or better; or do I seize the moment and give it my best?
  • Little things are a gift... can I prove faithful in the little things to make way for greater things?
  • Prayer is a gift... am I relying just in what I can do and what I know; or being mindful of who God is and what He is able to do?
  • Time is a gift... am I looking for shortcuts and the fast track to success; or can I endure the good times and bad, allowing the patience of plowing the field and planting seeds to bring a harvest success?
  • Failure is a gift... can I learn from my mistakes and be determined to get back up fight through it; or give up, allowing self-pitty and depression to consume me?
  • Change is a gift... am I comfortable in doing the same things the same way causing me to become ridged and out dated; or can I adapt and be flexible to learn new things to stay fresh and relevant?
It's my choice and my decision on how I use these gifts. If used appropriately, my life can influence a company or a single person's life. My focus isn't to do these things to be great, but to be great at doing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment