Sunday, November 16, 2008

Beautiful Feet


After a long day at work and being on my feet, I'll kick off my shoes and tell my wife; "My dogs are barkin'!" If your feet could talk, what would they say?
Some people are disgusted with with feet, especially ones that are odd in shape and unkept. It may sound funny, but the bible tells us that we can have beautiful feet. "Lovely are the feet of those that bring good news." [Isaiah 52:7; Romans 10:15]
During times of war, there would be foot messengers that would observe the battlefield and run back to the city to report what was happening. This was a beautiful sight because it not only brought valuable information, but hope to relieve the anxiety and fears they may have.
Jesus humbly washed the feet of his disciples before his crucifixion. As He washed off the dirt and grim, the calluses, any open wounds they had from walking dirt roads, rugged pathways covered with rocks, He was also removing the guilt, shame, worries and fears they gathered in life. He brought a beautiful message filled with good news.
Don't neglect the condition of your feet... your life. The heartaches, hurts, disappointments, regrets and everything that we experienced can be washed away by the love and blood of Jesus Christ.
Jesus thank you for the good news; love, forgiveness and hope, that you bring to me. Just as you washed the disciple's feet, wash my life of the things that have made me become hurt, angry and full of sin. Help me to display that same act of forgiveness to others as I continue to walk this journey called life as I follow You!

1 comment: