Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Turkey Day

Philippians 4:4-7 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again, Rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all, that the Lord is near. Be anxious about nothing, but in all things, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God, and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Today is Thanksgiving... for all you out there that follow; HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Hope things went/are going well.

We didn't travel anywhere, but had family over to our house. So a lot of chores were created for the big fandango. I did some painting in our kitchen and hallways, hung some new trinkets around the house for my wife... IT LOOKS AMAZING!

Getting together with family for some is very awkward, or dreadful... I'M THANKFUL FOR MY FAMILY! It's not perfect, and we have our moments, issues, fights, just like any other 'Griswold's family'...LOL. We had a great time and had some great food, my wife did a fantastic Job! No turkey... prime rib, mashed sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, crab soup (Asian style), and pumpkin pie (Costco).

My niece Lindsey has a new boyfriend, named Josh. I want to meet this punk! I love my nieces and I would do anything for them, and wouldn't hesitate to hurt some kid.

OH YEAH... no plumbing problems this year (see Joe the Plumber post).

God, thank you for a great year. There were some health issues in our family, but You have shown yourself faithful. Financially we are blessed and we love our family and friends. I ask that you continue to show Yourself awesome and present in our lives. We look to you, with a heart of thanksgiving, and keep our eyes focused on you. Thank you for your grace and care.

No comments:

Post a Comment