Monday, November 24, 2008

Cleaning the Garage

Today was my first day on vacation... it felt GREAT! I slept in till 10am, and snuggled on the couch with my 4 year old daughter Jaiden and watched Cars. Then, we headed out to tackle my to do list. The Big project of the day was cleaning and reorganizing the garage.

I LOVE CLEANING... There's something about cleaning and reorganizing that makes me feel good. Mostly it's the fact that I get to see instant results. Often pastoring doesn't allow for 'instant results'. When you're dealing with people, there's a lot that happens below the surface, but when it does surface... it's incredibly rewarding!

My garage gets messy and disorganized a little at a time. Often it's me setting something down and saying; "I'll come back and put it where it belongs that later". After some time has gone by, all you see is a cluttering of things that are unfinished and misplaced items. Finally you give yourself to it, and when it's all done, you think; "I don't want to let it get that messy again."

Our life can reflect a garage in many ways. We store our unfinished goals, unwanted issues or thoughts or emotions, and procrastinate on much needed conversations . We tell ourselves "I'll deal with it later." And the more cluttered it gets, the more we want to avoid it. But once we dive in and deal with it; things feel better, balance is regained and things fit once again.

Have you been putting off sorting out things in your garage? Are you tired of those unfinished goals, wandering feelings and needed conversations stacking up? Don't delay any longer... clean the garage. It feels sooooo.... good!

God, there are things I'm afraid of, uncertain about, and don't want to deal with. I need your help to jump in there and sort things out. To get rid of those things I have boxed up because of the hurt and pain, help me forgive, even forgive myself. When adversity came, I gave up on my dreams; give me strength to face those challenges and overcome. I need You to bring balance back in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment