Friday, November 21, 2008

How To Save A Life

Part of our families Thanksgiving tradition is me taking that week off from work. I can't wait to hang out with the family and do some fun things together. But we have one more Sunday with our church family prior to Thanksgiving... I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT!

We have been in series entitled LIVE. Jesus says in John 18:37 "For this cause I was born, for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth." We cannot truly LIVE without a heart of thankfulness. To be thankful and expressing our gratitude to God as well as others gives encouragement and life. Complaining and being silent in our thankfulness does nothing to promote living. Think about it... how do you feel when someone tells you that they appreciate your friendship and admire you for who you are. Now contrast that with negative comments or nothing at all.

Statistics show that during these last 2 months of the year, suicide is at it's highest point. As we approach this Thanksgiving and Christmas, give more than gifts or bringing the mashed potatoes to the family gathering. Save a life by giving life! Take the time to voice your love and appreciation.

God, thank you for Your amazing, and unlimited love... It was Your expression of love that saved our lives! Slow us down enough to look beyond our needs and see the opportunities to bring life to others through words of encouragement and genuine appreciation to those around us.

1 comment:

  1. Pastor Greg I LOVE your blog!! I'm going to RSS feed it so I never miss a post!

    ReplyDelete