Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Meant to Live

People wonder what HISTORY MAKER is all about, so let me give some clarity. HISTORY MAKER is all about living to my potential and fulfill my God given destiny... to allow HIS-story to be lived out in every facet of my life. It is my desire:
  1. to declare the reality of God, and
  2. to inspire others to love life and life it to the fullest.
This is not some 'religious' mission, or even a pastor/clergy ambition. I am fully committed to this! I want to be the best individual, husband, father, leader, pastor, communicator, friend, neighbor, financial steward... I could possibly be. I believe every person is meant to live this way. It's not easy. If it were, I believe that the current condition of our society would be vastly better.

There's no way I can live up to such a high standard in myself. It would be absolutely arrogant and impossible to even think I can do this on my own. I've already messed up and failed in every aspect of my life. So how can this even be possible? Why would I aim for such a lofty task?

I believe that life is a gift... not something I'm entitled too. Think about a watch. It didn't just come to exist on its own. Someone had envisioned this watch, and created it to fulfill a specific purpose. A watch-maker believed that this invention would revolutionize the way that ever person would live life. I could be used as a paper weight, but it wouldn't be fulfilling the purpose or the potential in which it was designed for. If I were a watch-maker, I would feel greatly disappointed because that's not why I created the watch.

This is no different with our life. Embedded deep within me are dreams and aspirations. I'm drawn to things, consumed with thoughts of what could be. I have talents and abilities that can be used to add value and meaning to life... mine and others. There's no one else like me on this earth. I'm different, unique, and incapable of living to my potential if left to my own. So, I go to the 'MAKER' of this watch, and rely on Him to help me understand how all these gears work together to display the purpose and plan for my life. To tell time... to tell HIS-story about life.

Can you hear the ticking inside you? Do feel like you're merely existing as a paper weigth in life, or will you pursue to know the purpose of what stirs your heart, the passions and dreams that can't be reasoned? There's a story that your heart was intended to tell and live out. It's HIS-story!

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them cam to be.
Psalms 139:13-16

No comments:

Post a Comment