Wednesday, October 28, 2009


We are in the Fall season... my favorite time of year! I love the crisp mornings, wearing scarfs, warm coats and putting on a warm fire! One of the greatest things about this time of year are the leaves as they change colors. It's funny to think that the beauty of all the colors is really about a changing cycle/season of life. Although it seems that life is coming to an end, it's merely preparing for a future time of greater growth.



King David experienced a fall in his life; sleeping with another man's life who became pregnant with his child and the plotting her husbands death to try to cover it up. After being confronted with his sin, he prays a prayer that is recorded in Psalm 51:10.

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. In the Message Bible it reads; God, make a fresh start in me, shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life.

David was wealthy and a powerful person. He had people who would risk their life for a drink of water from a well located in the midst of a war zone. Songs were written about him, his enemies feared him, a great warrior and victorious in battle. But with all his gifts, abilities and resources, he could not create a new heart, and a new attitude within himself and called out to God to shape a Genesis week from the chaos of life.
 
I'm ready for a Genesis week/season in my life! A time for God to create something new in my heart and my spirit. In the midst of the pain, the broken and the impossible, allowing God display His beauty and color. Finding my joy, peace of mind, a healthy heart, greater faith, courage and a deeper love for Him and for others. Allowing Jesus to make me more like Him and to know Him more than I do now.
 
God, renew my heart and mind. In the midst of the pain and difficulty, create in me a better attitude and a genuine love. May I grow in grace, strength and wisdom as you shape a Genesis week in my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment