Thursday, October 22, 2009

Vision continued... Everything

John 4:38 NIV  "I sent you to reap what you have not worked for. Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labor."

Jesus was speaking to His disciples and told them to look to the fields and see that they were white, ready for harvest. The essence of vision is to hope, believe, or have faith for something. We cherish the opportunity to reap a harvest, the rewards in life. We understand that desired results don't happen over-night, and that work is required; but are we willing to give it everything that we've got... EVERYTHING?



I have realized that EVERYTHING is relative to the moment. See, in the moment, we think we understand what everything means or requires. We say things like "whatever it takes"... our intentions are to say that I'll give all it takes to see this happen. It may be a long awaited window of opportunity is making itself available, and we don't won't to miss it. So, we do or give everything we've got, whatever it takes, to cease the moment... but what is it going to take beyond the moment? The reality is that even beyond the moment, it will still require that you maintain giving it EVERYTHING!

I have realized that EVERYTHING is constantly increasing. Example, when I said yes to being a home owner, I agreed to the terms of what it was going to take to obtain it. It cost me EVERYTHING I had in the moment, and EVERYTHING I would every have in the future. Let's say I paid full price for my home in hard cold cash, I paid everything that they asked for, but I that doesn't mean I stopped paying for the investment I said yes to. I give more money to furnish it, to by a lawn mower, to maintain the roof 25 years down the road.

For the vision in my life, my family, our church... I have said: "I'll give everything to see the fulfillment of their vision." In the moment I did give EVERYTHING, but now EVERYTHING is increasing.

I know now more than ever that vision requires more than everything... hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment